Both of these lotions are designed for dry skin, but there are some subtle differences that may make you reach for one over the other, so let's get into the details!
This post contains affiliate links; as an Amazon Associate we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing vs Skin Relief Lotion
The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion has a light yet creamy texture, perfect for those who prefer a non-greasy feel. On the other hand, the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion has a rich, creamy texture that provides an extra layer of moisture for very dry skin.
Both lotions have formulas in which ~92% of the ingredients are dedicated to moisturizing and nourishing the skin (with the remaining 8% for keeping the products fresh). The Daily Moisturizing Lotion boasts a prebiotic oat formula that helps replenish the skin's natural moisture barrier, while the Skin Relief Lotion features a triple oat and shea butter formula for soothing relief.
The Daily Moisturizing Lotion is ideal for dry skin, providing 24-hour moisturization. Meanwhile, the Skin Relief Lotion is specifically designed for itchy, extra-dry skin, delivering 48-hour moisture. Both Aveeno lotions are fragrance-free, making them suitable for those who are sensitive to scents or prefer unscented products.
The hero ingredient in both lotions is Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, derived from oats and known for its moisturizing properties. The Daily Moisturizing Lotion also features Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, and Isopropyl Palmitate for their occlusive properties (i.e. they help to lock moisture in the skin). The Skin Relief Lotion includes all 4 these ingredients too, *as well as* additional oat-derived ingredients (Avena Sativa Kernel Oil and Extract) and Shea Butter Extract for enhanced soothing and moisturizing effects.
The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is a great choice for those with dry skin looking for a light, non-greasy lotion that provides 24-hour moisture. If you have itchy, extra-dry skin and need a richer formula for soothing relief, the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion is the way to go.
Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion by Aveeno
Our rating: ★★★★★
Intensely nourishes dry skin.
What makes it special? Intensely nourish dry skin with prebiotic oat formula. The gentle daily lotion nourishes & helps replenish skin's natural moisture barrier & has clinically proven moisturization that lasts 24 hours.
Which skin types? For dry skin.
Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion by Aveeno
Our rating: ★★★★★
Helps heal very dry skin.
What makes it special? Moisturize very dry skin with this fragrance-free lotion with a triple oat & shea butter formula. The lotion provides clinically proven soothing relief for itchy, dry skin with 48-hour moisture.
Which skin types? For itchy, dry skin skin.