Today we're diving into an exciting comparison between two fan-favorite eye care products from Drunk Elephant: the C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream and the Shaba Complex Eye Serum.
Both of these products are known for their impressive formulations and results, but how do they stack up against each other? Let's find out!
This post contains affiliate links; as an Amazon Associate we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Drunk Elephant C-Tango vs Shaba Complex
C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream
This rich and restorative vitamin C eye cream is designed to brighten and firm the delicate skin around the eyes. Packed with eight Peptides, five forms of Vitamin C, Cucumber Extract, and a host of other nourishing ingredients, C-Tango is gentle enough for morning and night use. The pH level of 6.8 ensures your skin stays balanced and refreshed.
C-Tango's Power 5C Vitamin Complex is a standout feature, offering unparalleled defense against UV rays, pollution, and other free radicals. The eight-peptide blend works to rebuild, strengthen, and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making it a powerful ally in the fight against aging.
C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream by Drunk Elephant
Our rating: ★★★★★
An optical infusion.
What makes it special? C-Tango™ is a dance of potent antioxidants, replenishing ceramides and plant oils and soothing actives, all designed to refresh skin and restore a radiant appearance. Gentle enough for a.m. and p.m. use and powerful enough to improve even stubborn signs of damage.
Which skin types? For all skin types.
Shaba Complex Eye Serum
Shaba Complex Eye Serum is a silky formula designed to tackle major signs of aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage. With powerhouse ingredients like Black Tea Ferment, Niacinamide, Copper Peptides, and Edelweiss Stem Cells, this serum supports a smoother, more youthful look around the eyes.
The serum's unique combination of Edelweiss Stem Cells and Niacinamide helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while the potent antioxidants in Co-Q10 prevent premature signs of aging and fade age spots. Shaba Complex Eye Serum has a pH of 5.8, making it ideal for daily use.
Shaba Complex Eye Serum by Drunk Elephant
Our rating: ★★★★★
A smooth copperator.
What makes it special? Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum contains potent doses of black tea ferment, niacinamide, copper peptides and edelweiss stem cells, which work together to support a smoother, younger look around the eyes. With a unique combination of edelweiss stem cells and niacinamide, Shaba Complex™ helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The powerful antioxidants in Co-Q10 help prevent premature signs of ageing from environmental aggressors while also helping to fade age spots.
Which skin types? For all skin types.
Let's delve deeper into the ingredients of both Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream and Shaba Complex Eye Serum to better understand their similarities and differences.
Both products share some key ingredients that contribute to their effectiveness:
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone: A potent flavonoid that helps reduce the appearance of aging under the eyes in both formulas.
- Ubiquinone: Present in both products, this antioxidant supplies coenzyme Q10, which has been shown to reduce the depth of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E): This powerful and absorbable vitamin is included in both products to boost skin's environmental defenses and help preserve its natural lipid balance.
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer (Hyaluronic Acid): This ingredient delivers excellent hydration and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting firmness.
Now let's look at the primary ingredients that set these two products apart. For the Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream we have:
- Power 5C Vitamin Complex: This complex is unique to C-Tango and contains five forms of vitamin C that work together to brighten uneven tone and firm skin.
- 8-Peptide Blend: C-Tango boasts a blend of eight peptides that specifically target rebuilding, strengthening, and improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cucumber Extract: This antioxidant-rich plant extract is present only in the C-Tango formula.
- Superoxide Dismutase: An essential enzyme naturally present in skin, this powerful neutralizer of aging free radicals is unique to C-Tango.
And for the Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum:
- Copper Peptides: Found only in Shaba Complex, these antioxidant peptides help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and promote a more elastic feel to the skin.
- Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Meristem Cell Culture: This ingredient is unique to Shaba Complex and helps soothe the skin while combating visible signs of aging.
- Black Tea Ferment: Present only in Shaba Complex, this compound smooths skin roughness, improves radiance, and decreases glycation, a process that can age the appearance of skin.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide is only in the Shaba Complex formula and is known to improve signs of aging, uneven tone, and texture.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil: This antioxidant-rich oil is exclusive to Shaba Complex and helps defend against free radicals while offering soothing properties.
While both products share some common ingredients, there's still plenty that sets them apart. C-Tango primarily focuses on brightening and firming the skin around the eyes, with its Power 5C Vitamin Complex and 8-Peptide Blend. On the other hand, Shaba Complex targets a broader range of aging concerns with ingredients like copper peptides, edelweiss stem cells, and niacinamide.
Eye Cream vs Serum
It's important to note that Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream and Shaba Complex Eye Serum are actually different types of products. While C-Tango is an eye cream, Shaba Complex is an eye serum.
Eye creams are generally thicker and richer in texture compared to eye serums. They are designed to provide a more emollient and occlusive barrier, which helps to lock in moisture and protect the delicate skin around the eyes. C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream, with its rich formula and potent antioxidants, is aimed at brightening and firming the skin around the eyes.
Eye serums, on the other hand, are typically lightweight and fast-absorbing. They often contain a higher concentration of active ingredients that can penetrate deeper into the skin, offering targeted treatment for specific concerns. Shaba Complex Eye Serum is formulated to address a wider range of aging concerns, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage, with its potent blend of ingredients like copper peptides, edelweiss stem cells, and niacinamide.
A massive upshot of this revelation is that you can use both products together for a more comprehensive eye care routine by applying the serum first, followed by the cream, to maximize the benefits of their unique ingredients.
Both C-Tango and Shaba Complex are formulated without essential oils, silicones, and fragrances, making them suitable for sensitive skin. They're also vegan and cruelty-free, which we love!
If your primary concern is brightening and firming the skin around your eyes, C-Tango is the way to go. Its rich formula, packed with potent antioxidants and peptides, works to refresh and restore a radiant appearance.
On the other hand, if you're looking for an eye serum that addresses a wider range of aging concerns, Shaba Complex is the perfect choice. It not only targets fine lines and wrinkles but also helps prevent premature signs of aging from environmental factors and fades age spots.
Ultimately, both products offer impressive benefits, and you can even mix C-Tango with Shaba Complex if you really wanted to. No matter which one you choose, you're sure to enjoy the skin-loving benefits Drunk Elephant has to offer!
Paula's Choice vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Tatcha vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
The Ordinary vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Drunk Elephant vs Sunday Riley 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Drunk Elephant vs SkinCeuticals 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Ole Henriksen vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Tula vs Drunk Elephant (The Definitive Guide)
Mad Hippie vs Drunk Elephant (The Definitive Guide)
Kiehl's vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Biossance vs Drunk Elephant 2023 (The Definitive Guide)
Drunk Elephant Protini vs Lala Retro (The Definitive Guide)
Drunk Elephant Babyfacial vs Framboos (The Definitive Guide)
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte vs Umbra Sheer (The Definitive Guide)
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream vs Facial Fuel (The Definitive Guide)